CFPAC is Hiring!
CFPAC is entering an exciting new phase in 2017 by growing its staff to add a Community Outreach Specialist to support CFPAC’s priorities by working in coordination with CFPAC Board and staff members, local communities, organizations, vendors, suppliers, processors and producers as well as staff at City of Chicago Departments and Agencies, and national partners.
TO APPLY: By May 15, 2017, submit email to email@example.com with subject line: CFPAC Specialist Application.
Application should include: 1) Resume (including three professional references) and 2) Cover letter including salary expectation
Community Outreach Specialist (Full-time)
- Coordinate, build, mobilize and sustain relationships with community and organizational partners.
- Assist with organizing the annual Chicago Food Policy Summit and other events as needed.
- Support the efforts and administration of other CFPAC working groups and priorities.
- Maintain and report expenses as required.
- Work with partners to provide individual and group technical support regarding the Good Food Purchasing Policy.
- Collaborate with local decision makers and elected officials.
- Ensure ongoing reporting occurs and support generating an annual report on achievements/challenges.
- Present on CFPAC’s work at conferences, colleges & universities, and other opportunities that arise.
- Assist with identifying and approaching local funding sources to ensure sustainability of CFPAC’s mission.
- Support online and social media outreach, updates and publicity
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE will possess the following:
- Basic knowledge of local, sustainable and healthy food systems- including procurement, urban and sustainable agriculture, community development and other related policies and issues
- Facility with using common computer software, information databases, internet, social media, and email
- A minimum of 5-years experience in community based organizing, planning and/or programming
- Experience in coordinating an organizing and/or policy campaign
- Experience building and managing coalitions
- Grassroots and foundation fundraising experience
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to develop innovative strategies and tactics for campaigns
- Detail-oriented, demonstrated management skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to building racial and social justice through leadership
development, community organizing and popular education
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to often shifting conditions, deadlines and partners
- High levels of self-motivation and independence, as well as the ability to work as a team
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours such as nights and weekends
- Ability to travel across Chicago for meetings and occasional out of town events
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of partners including fellow staff, CFPAC Board and partner organizations
- Bilingual (oral and written) in Spanish or another language, desired.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package.
CFPAC is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, females, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.